Wednesday 4 May 2011

You Rock!

This card was so fun to do.  I followed the template on this weeks Mojo Monday contest 189.  I  hope to enter this card in the contest.  Either way, I love this card....I just hope the Birthday Boy does too.



I think that my favorite thing about this card is the pop out guitar.


I was also going to use guitar string to anchor the star, but it seemed to sharp and I could not fold it and safely adhere it to the card.  I used Gillian Roberts stamp "I'm a Rock Star"; my computer, printer, vellum, and a star font that I found on line; pop dots; Smooch Spritz- silver on the brown and blue stars; Creative Memories- star and star border punches; Paper : Making Memories- Patterned Argyle, The goods American Craft, and card stock- blue, brown.


I started with copics paper and stamped 2 images using black Memento Ink.  I started with the guitar and colored both stamps at the same time so that each looked the same. I then colored the sleeve and the skin.  Now with that done, I cut out the guitar and the sleeve so that I could use the pop dots and make the guitar stand out. I then went back to my coloring. When I was done coloring, I attached pop dots to the back of the guitar and glued the shoulder to the first image.  The pop dots were a little high so I cut them down and used my glue pen to adhere the dots to the first image.
These are the copics that I used;
                                        Guitar- C1, C3, N4, N6
                                        Pants- B24, B26
                                        Skin- E00, E02
                                        Shirt- N6, G3, G5, G7
                                        Hair- E55, E57, E59
                                        Shoes- E57, E59

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Just wanted to let you know that your link on the Mojo post is missing the "l" in blogspot, so if you click on it, it doesn't go to your card. Hopefully you can fix it so everyone can see your sweet creation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card! Love all the stars. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, this is fantastic, the guitar is sweet and luv it popped up...hope your day is fabulous!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete